Important data so you can come to Colombia
The requirements to travel to colombia are not really complicated, since this is one of the South American countries that had better control during the pandemic, it was the coffee country, and for this reason, its health laws are more flexible if we compare it. with neighboring Brazil.
So there is no inconvenience to come to know the walled city of Cartagena, or the city of eternal spring in Medellin.
Information about Colombia
- The restrictions in Colombia vary according to the state where you are going to travel, local regulations must be consulted.
- Within Colombia the prohibition of movement has been eliminated, the health emergency ended on June 30, 2022.
- Visitors over the age of 18 are required to present proof of a complete immunization schedule, no less than 14 days, or present a negative PCR test within 48 hours prior to departure.
- Although masks are not mandatory to use for circulation in public places, it is mandatory on public transport and in some states with a scheme for less than 70% of the population.
- A traveler will not be able to enter Colombia with COVID symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID, or has been in contact with someone infected.
Tests for COVID 19
- Currently in Colombia there are PCR tests and antigens for foreign citizens.
- If you take a prevention test, the results will be available within 24 hours.
- The embassy of the United States of America in Bogotá has facilities prepared for the citizens of this country.
- The results of the health tests will arrive in your email.
Requisite to enter and leave Colombia
Citizens from other countries can enter the country. As of May 1, 2022, travelers must be prepared to show their vaccination certificates. Travelers must complete the Migration Colombia Check-Mig online in the hours prior to boarding a flight to or from Colombia.
About mobility restrictions
- There are no curfews in any city in Colombia that limits free transit.
- There are no longer any restrictions on travel between states or municipalities. However, local governments may impose certain restrictions as the case may be. Additionally, certain biosafety protocols must be followed, such as the use of a mask on public transport.
- There is no type of quarantine for travelers arriving in the country, nor are there any restrictions on air flights between states or municipalities, therefore commercial flights operate normally.
- Some airlines such as Avianca require passengers to wear a mask on a mandatory basis.
- In case of non-compliance with some restrictions, the Colombian authorities are obliged to apply fines, detentions or arrests to any foreign citizen.
As you have read, the requirements to travel to Colombia are not as strict as in other countries. During the COVID19 pandemic, Colombia and its citizens had an excellent behavior by abiding by the rules to prevent infections from spreading on a larger scale. Thanks to these efforts, many foreigners from the United States, Canada or Europe can enter Colombia without any setbacks, nor do they have to comply with any quarantine. It only remains to abide by local regulations and the use of the mask on public transport.